ATIK Guider Camera Setup Problem

Ask your questions, show your results
Joe Hobart

ATIK Guider Camera Setup Problem

Post by Joe Hobart »

The ATIK Titan guide camera for my LISA arrived today.

Aud'ACE does not recognize the ATIK Titan guide camera; Aud'ACE displays images from the SBIG ST-402 image camera.

The Aud'ACE version 2.0.20110925 Camera Setup does not list ATIK, and the only selection listed for ASCOM is CCDSimulator Camera. Artemis Capture displays images from the ATIK camera, and Artemis Capture installed ASCOM.Atik.Camera.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ASCOM\Camera.

The computer is a fast multiprocessor desktop running Windows XP Pro with the latest updates. The ASCOM version is Platform 6 - SP1. Windows reports "ASCOM Atik Camera Camera Driver 5.0.0.1" is installed.

Suggestions?

Joe Hobart
Flagstaff, Arizona
Thierry Garrel

Re: ATIK Guider Camera Setup Problem

Post by Thierry Garrel »

Hi Joe,
quite easy to manage Atik camera in audela via ascom platform.
http://www.audela.org/dokuwiki/doku.php ... cquisition

And Christian, Olivier viewtopic.php?f=8&t=255

Cheers
T
Joe Hobart

Post by Joe Hobart »

Thierry,

When I select ASCOM from Aud'ACE -> Setup -> Camera, ATIK is not listed in Camera Selection. The only selection is CCDSimulator Camera.

I cannot follow your suggestion, because Aud'ACE does not recognize the ATIK camera ASCOM dll. Windows indicates the ATIK drivers are installed and working correctly, but Aud'ACE cannot find them.

Best regards,
Joe
Christian Buil

Post by Christian Buil »

Joe, have you followed the infos and procedure given in the LISA pack documentation ?

http://www.shelyak.com/dossier.php?id_dossier=40

Give also the version number of your Audace

Christian B
Joe Hobart

Post by Joe Hobart »

Hi Christian,

Yes, I followed the instructions in the Lisa Pack documentation.

The Aud'ACE version is 2.0.20110925, which is the same version listed on page 15 of the LISA documentation.

Maxim DL v 4 finds and uses the ASCOM driver for the ATIK camera.

Best Regards,
Joe
Martin Dubs

Post by Martin Dubs »

Hi Joe,

I hope you have solved the problem with your ATIK camera in the meantime. I had the same problem. My problem and its solution, which might be helpful for others:

I have been using ASCOM 5.5, upgrading to ASCOM 6SP1 (without previous uninstall of V5.5, this is done by ASCOM 6), installing the ATIK ASCOM driver on Windows XP.
ASCOM diagnostics showed correct installation, Maxim worked as well with the camera, but in Audela (newest release) for ASCOM cameras the only choice was CCD Simulator.
After searching the forums I could not find an answer.

Finally I noticed that the CCD Simulator was located under:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ASCOM\Camera drivers
This had been installed with ASCOM 5, so I renamed the folder ASCOM to ASCOMold.
And sure enough, when I restarted Audela, it found the ASCOM.ATIK.Camera.dll without problem.
Removing the old ASCOM drivers might cause some problems elsewhere, but telescope connection with CdC and theSky still works.
Apparently Audela got confused by the old driver location, or alternatively, ASCOM did not properly remove the old version.
Either way I can now Autoguide with Audela and ATIK Titan.
The good thing, you do not have to install ASCOM 5.5 again, which I found out is almost impossible to uninstall.

Regards, Martin