Searched areas

Andrew Smith

Searched areas

Post by Andrew Smith »

I have been trying to find a way to easily show the searched areas so you can pick new areas at a glance. The attached is an idea on how to do this. These are my searches so far in Oct. I was thinking of using a symbol to denote limiting magnitude (not done yet) and a different colour for different runs.

I need to add September but I don't have the data in the right format so will need to build it.

Comment please especially Thierry L. Also Thierry if you send me a list os stars with RA & Dec in decimal form I will add them.

Regards Andrew
Attachments
Searched stars.png
Searched stars.png (12.13 KiB) Viewed 5511 times
Andrew Smith

Re: Searched areas

Post by Andrew Smith »

Now added the September search, so this covers the period from when I started on 14th Sept to 7th Oct. I have not been as efficient as Thierry but have managed 380 stars.

Regards Andrew
Attachments
Searched 14 Sept to 7 Oct 2014.png
Searched 14 Sept to 7 Oct 2014.png (26.94 KiB) Viewed 5498 times
Andrew Smith

Post by Andrew Smith »

I have added Tierry's 980 stars to my 380 and so we now have a "global" picture. The colour code is Blue for Tierry (obvious reasons?) and red for me.

Regards Andrew
Attachments
Global Overview.png
Andrew Smith

Post by Andrew Smith »

...and a version with smaller symbols so my observation don't hide Tierry's observations.
Attachments
Global Overview small.png
Thierry Lemoult

Post by Thierry Lemoult »

With the help of Andrew, i integrate the plot in Galactic coordinate here: http://www.astrosurf.com/aras/be_candid ... lacticPlot
And just below a html, csv full list of already observed star from Andrew and me, in the same format.
http://www.astrosurf.com/aras/be_candidate/realise.html

Thierry