réglage de l'Alpy gain de 400A !

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
etienne bertrand

réglage de l'Alpy gain de 400A !

Post by etienne bertrand »

Bonjour,

Je viens de changer de fente sur mon Alpy et est apparut un phénomène que je n'expliques pas trop ; je viens de gagner 400A dans le rouge !
J'utilise comme caméra d'acquisition une Atik 414EX (1392x1040 pixels de 6.45µm).

Avec la fente à 23µm j’obtenais un continuum allant de 3600A (avec de la marge) jusqu'à 7535A limite droite du capteur.

Avec la fente à 18µm j’obtiens un continuum qui va dans le bleu mais jusqu'à 7950A

De quoi vient ce phénomène ? Les utilisateurs d'Atik 314/414 jusqu'ou allez vous dans le rouge ? Je n'ai pratiquement pas touché la focalisation du spectro, les raies étaient assez bien réglées, j'ai juste mieux réglé l'horizontalité du spectre.
Le spectre obtenu avec la fente à 18µm à l'air plus tassé sur lui même... De quoi vient cet effet ? Au niveau des résultats c'est plutot bien, j'ai un RMS=0.22 et une résolution de R~630
Peter Somogyi

Re: réglage de l'Alpy gain de 400A !

Post by Peter Somogyi »

Intersting, Etienne, I've never had this skew when changed the slit.
Some obvious skew possible when you misalign the slit a bit when screwing in (to me, something like 7811A has always been the limit - no change), or maybe it does matter at fixing the core element whether if you're right or left handed...
The other option, you might be able to screw the slit in the opposite direction.
Again, something around 7811A should be the right I think (based on a table of ranges per detector that I can't find anymore on Shelyak website).

Cheers,
Peter
Robin Leadbeater

Post by Robin Leadbeater »

Yes I saw exactly the same effect when I replaced the grism. It took me a while to work out what had happened. I must have rotated the grism 180 deg compared with where it was originally and I could not see far enough into the IR to find all the ISIS calibration lamp lines. When I rotated the grism (and camera) everything came right again. I think the slit must not be exactly on the optical axis. It might be deliberately made like this to fit the spectrum in the best position on the sensor but it does mean that the orientation of the slit relative to the grism is important

Cheers
Robin
LHIRES III #29 ATIK314 ALPY 600/200 ATIK428 Star Analyser 100/200 C11 EQ6
http://www.threehillsobservatory.co.uk
etienne bertrand

Post by etienne bertrand »

Hello Peter and Robin,
Thanks for your comms.
In my case i don't turn the spectro modul, i only change the slit with precaution and the range it's better..
With this gain in IR i'will can work to Ha line of galaxie or QSO to z~0.18 :D