ISIS 5.9.0 available

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
Paolo Berardi

Re: ISIS 5.9.0 available

Post by Paolo Berardi »

Hi Christian and all,

during a sequence files processing, I see that ISIS returns @pro-n profiles with a wrong header information. I obtain only @pro-1.fit with correct data, while @pro-2.fit to @pro-6.fit have the reference star header data (the spectrum processed just before the target).

Note this strange behaviour occurs only when I process the spectra with "Wavelength registration" option active and software version 5.9.0 (on 5.8.0 I checked it's ok).

I tried with two installation (two PCs - Win 7), experiencing the same problem. I don't know if this happen only to me. Can anyone please check?

Thank you
Paolo
Robin Leadbeater

Post by Robin Leadbeater »

Hi Paolo,

I made a quick test but could not find the bug here (win 7 64 bit) Attached is my xml file in case you can see a different setting

Robin
Attachments
_vega_test_20170712_092_Leadbeater.zip
(1.24 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
LHIRES III #29 ATIK314 ALPY 600/200 ATIK428 Star Analyser 100/200 C11 EQ6
http://www.threehillsobservatory.co.uk
Robin Leadbeater

Post by Robin Leadbeater »

Correction !

Yes I do see the same bug ! (Vega was the name of the previous run, vega_test was the name of this run)
vega_test_20170712_092_Leadbeater.png
Robin
LHIRES III #29 ATIK314 ALPY 600/200 ATIK428 Star Analyser 100/200 C11 EQ6
http://www.threehillsobservatory.co.uk
Paolo Berardi

Post by Paolo Berardi »

Hi Robin, thanks a lot for the confirmation. I hope Christian can fix it in the next release.

Paolo
Christian Buil

Post by Christian Buil »

Paolo, the @proxxx header error is now fixed for the next version (available within a few days).

Terry, I can't reproduce the density conversion header error. You confirm the problem (description of a full sequence of command is welcome for debug) ?

More bugs, suggestions?

Christian
Francois Teyssier

Post by Francois Teyssier »

Bonjour Christian,
Lorsque l'on calcule la correction héliocentrique
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (5.85 KiB) Viewed 4088 times
il faudrait entrer la valeur de la correction dans l'en-tête du fit créé

François
Paolo Berardi

Post by Paolo Berardi »

Paolo, the @proxxx header error is now fixed for the next version (available within a few days).
Thank you Christian!

About suggestions... I would have an idea for the Lhires III mechanical flexure shift in long lasting observations but I understand this would be a time-consuming implementation.

With the last upgrade (remote spectrograph operations) it's easy to take a lamp spectrum between each science frame (I always do with a simple script). When the wavelenght registration function doesn't work (low SNR or lack of strong spectral lines), I manually calibrate each subexposure spectrum, then add them (I also reconstruct the header data). If useful also to other Lhires III users, I wonder if it could be automatically carried out by the software (in the future!).

Paolo