Hello from New Zealand

New on the forum? Please, introduce yourself
Présentation des nouveaux inscrits sur le Forum
Malcolm Locke

Hello from New Zealand

Post by Malcolm Locke »

Hello everyone,

A quick introduction, my name is Malcolm Locke. I'm based in Christchurch, New Zealand. I'm a newcomer to spectroscopy, I currently just own an SA100 but am hoping to step up to a slit spectroscope very soon. I've set myself the target of contributing to the 2014 Eta Carinae campaign, whether I can make that target or not ... we'll see :)

Malc
Robin Leadbeater

Re: Hello from New Zealand

Post by Robin Leadbeater »

Welcome to the group Malc. I see you are already contributing your spectra to the Nova Cen 2013 database.
It is great to have more Southern Hemisphere observers. Your services will definitely be in demand :-)

Cheers
Robin
LHIRES III #29 ATIK314 ALPY 600/200 ATIK428 Star Analyser 100/200 C11 EQ6
http://www.threehillsobservatory.co.uk
Bernard Heathcote

Re: Hello from New Zealand

Post by Bernard Heathcote »

Welcome aboard, especially as we are VERY short of amateur slit spectroscopists in the southern hemisphere. I have been watching the good work you have been doing on nova Cen with your SA100. I myself am in Melbourne and, as the amateur coordinator for the 2014 eta Car pro-am campaign, delighted to hear you are planning to contribute. Once you have your slit spectroscope, or whenever you want, please contact me at spectrasouth@bigpond.com so that we can discuss that project and others further.

Cheers,
Bernard Heathcote