V1369 Cen

Information about outbursts of eruptive stars, Be activity, ...
Martin Dubs

Re: V1369 Cen

Post by Martin Dubs »

Hi Tasso, Malcolm,

nice spectra. Did you remove the terrestrial water lines from the spectrum (with ISIS, VSpec or SpectroTools)? This helps for the interpretation.

Regards, Martin
Tasso Napoleao

Post by Tasso Napoleao »

Unfortunately not at this moment, Ken. We are currently running only H-Alpha since we are also engaged on a program for monitoring a group of southern Be stars in the H-Alpha region (this was defined as our priority project about one year ago, when we began our work with spectroscopy). So, our time availability for other acquisition possibilities has been a bit short up to now, although we expect to improve that by mid-2014. In addition, we still have to find adequate calibration lamps for the H-b region in Brazil (please remember all of our equipment is "homemade" by Rogerio and some pieces are not very easy to find here).

Regards,
Tasso.
Tasso Napoleao

Post by Tasso Napoleao »

Martin, I am currently using VSpec and I usually do not remove earth lines.

Regards,
Tasso.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hey Malc, that Python script is really excellent. Allows the evolution to be shown better than any format I've seen so far.
Terry Bohlsen

Post by Terry Bohlsen »

I am posting to this old thread as I have been following this old nova and have taken spectra approximately yearly for the since the intensive monitoring ceased. It has slowly dimmed and is now in the nebula phase. Currently it is V= 13.4
v1369cen_20190629_484_TBohlsen.png
v1369cen_19_18_17annual.png
v1369cen_annualTB.png
Terry
Terry Bohlsen
Armidale NSW
Australia