NEW NOU_T ECHELLE RESULTS

Show your spectra, your results ...
Joan Guarro Flo

Re: NEW NOU_T ECHELLE RESULTS

Post by Joan Guarro Flo »

Hello at all,

Grazie mille Umberto per i tuoi commenti sempre generosi !

You can see here that the NOU_T of Piera Observatory with a Richardson echelle grating and an ASI2600MM camera has been confirmed as a very nice and useful echelle spectrograph.

Next aim is to adapt this way at the NOU_T of SMM Observatory.

Cheers, J. Guarro.
Attachments
rsoph.png
rsoph.png (25.48 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
trcrb.png
trcrb.png (27.99 KiB) Viewed 6312 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello at all,

I've left there a zip with 4 stars fits, results of some observations with the NOU_T echelle, on hislast composition.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YyYev5 ... sp=sharing

And I show here their graphics in the blue region, I think the most interesting is the clarity that has presented the Calcium II H 3933.633 and  K 3968.470 lines, over all in the VV Cep star case.

Cheers, J.Guarro.
Attachments
HK P CYG.png
HK P CYG.png (18.8 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
HK PI AQR.png
HK PI AQR.png (17.88 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
HK Vega.png
HK Vega.png (11.37 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
HK VV Cep.png
HK VV Cep.png (29.16 KiB) Viewed 5692 times
Ernst Pollmann

Post by Ernst Pollmann »

Dear Joan,
our professional colleague Philip Bennett is currently working on an in-depth analysis of the VV Cep system. The main goal is to define an improved orbit for the companion and to describe its actual spectral type as precisely as possible.
For this purpose, the division of VV Cep spectra by alpha Ori and µ Cep spectra was chosen as a suitable way. To this day, VV Cep spectra in the area of the H & K lines have not been requested. Whether and when this will be of interest remains to be seen.

Best wishes,
Ernst
Joan Guarro Flo

Hallo Ernst,

I understand what you're saying and agree with you, so Ca II H & K measurements aren't necessaryfor these current studies that you said, but their detectivity doesn't require any supplementary effort, job or time for me, because they are detected at the same time of the whole spectrum. We have this supplementary information.

I've shown here the VV Cep H & K, because I think it is a breaknews in this forum, not every day these chromospheric lines are detected in a M2 star, and it isn't difficult now. From now It will be very normal, with the NOU_T echelle that uses a Richardson echelle grating, ASI2600MM camera and has been reduced by C.Buil advice with ISIS
software tools.

I don't know whether it is possible for H & K lines detection to be useful for Nova chromospheric studies, but sure that is a good tool for observing active chromospheric stars, for example.

So dear Ernst, it is possible that all spectra that I will send to you, they bring these two lines, and you use what you need...

Cheers, Joan.
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello at all,

I've tried observe Jupiter and Saturn, because they are here.. , that is the outcome.

Cheers, J.Guarro.
Attachments
_Jupiter + Saturn.png
_Jupiter + Saturn.png (29.72 KiB) Viewed 5448 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello,

You can see in this graphic the notable difference between the results made with two
exacte telescopes and NOU_T echelles, the difference is only that they both have used
different echelle gratings and cameras.

Cheers, J.Guarro.
Attachments
__rs oph comp..png
__rs oph comp..png (17.69 KiB) Viewed 5397 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello at all,

This picture is another sample about the great improvement that to make some change in our echelle spectrographs, as the same way C.Buil says in his reports.

I hope that to encourage the echelle owners to  follow his advice, you can see a big improvement.

There is a new ASI2600MM and a Richardson echelle grating destined to SMM NOU_T echelle, the change will be within next weeks.

In my case, referencing the cameras the ASI2600MM  binning 1x1  ( 50000 e- ), reduces the integration time 50% as the ATIK460EX binning 2x2 ( 72000 e- ).

Regards, J. Guarro.
Attachments
__Z AND COMPARISON.png
__Z AND COMPARISON.png (27.01 KiB) Viewed 5327 times
umberto sollecchia

Post by umberto sollecchia »

Congratulations Joan for these excellent results from your echelle.
A big hug Umberto
Joan Guarro Flo

Carissimo Umberto,

You don't know how I really appreciate your encouraging words, your ones and the other few people that I received here and my email address.

You know that I work alone, that means also making my ration of mistakes.

So it is very important for me to feel that you and other people have expressed, it is a stimule to continue on this way.

I would like other people to be able to take advantage of my experiences, but it doesn't concern me a lot.

Un forte abbraccio, il tuo amico, Joan.
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello,

I leave here some graphics from the NOU_T in Santa Maria de Montmagastrell, the remote observatory,
on this one now there is the same equipment as the Piera observatory.
Y
ou can collect from here its FITS,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RCVTYV ... sp=sharing,

I hope that you like them, you can see,  a new world has arrived, would you like to join ?

Best regards, J. Guarro.
Attachments
Z AND.png
Z AND.png (13.93 KiB) Viewed 5017 times
WR140.png
WR140.png (19.55 KiB) Viewed 5017 times
PI AQR.png
PI AQR.png (14.73 KiB) Viewed 5017 times
P Cyg.png
P Cyg.png (15.81 KiB) Viewed 5017 times
NOVACAS2021.png
NOVACAS2021.png (13.93 KiB) Viewed 5017 times