NEW NOU_T ECHELLE RESULTS

Show your spectra, your results ...
Joan Guarro Flo

Re: NEW NOU_T ECHELLE RESULTS

Post by Joan Guarro Flo »

Hello,

This NGC1275 graphics want to be a better reality approximation. I have tried to remove the main pollution bands.

Cheers, J.Guarro.
Attachments
NGC1275 JGFN.png
NGC1275 JGFN.png (26.05 KiB) Viewed 5786 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello,
I left this appreciation by Michael Köning, from VdS, about my NGC 1275 observation.Michael is a very good galaxies spectroscopic observer.

Regards, Joan.

Hello Joan,

I measured the redshift in your NGC 1275 spectrum - with 5223 km/s (filename ... _774_full.fits).
The deviation of the value to the NASA NED value is about 40 km/s, so its < 1%.

I am not familiar with echelle spectra, and what I would derive from your FITS file is a very good resolution, 10-times better than mine, a similiar SNR, and, noisier emission line slops - which makes the Gauss fit more difficult.

Nevertheless - you setup shows that "going to low magnitudes" is possible for echelle spektrograph.

Best wishes,
Michael
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello,

Last night, taking advantage of a clear sky window I made these observations through
the Piera and SMM observatories at the same time, after some bad weather days, now
the cloudy days continue.

Regards, J.Guarro.
Attachments
v694 mon.png
v694 mon.png (19.67 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
UV Aur.png
UV Aur.png (25.71 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
Kap dra.png
Kap dra.png (13.33 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
NQ Gem.png
NQ Gem.png (41.96 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
cqdra.png
cqdra.png (34.93 KiB) Viewed 5252 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello,

It's difficult to find a good focal reducer for the Meade SC-ACF telescopes, so I used until now an ALAN GEE MARK II one in the SMM's SC16ACF , although it never gave a really nice and fine stellar points, so I have decided to rehearse a 40 diameter 300mm. focal achromatic doublet lens, - Edmund Optics #45-178 -, and it is possible that is the origin of the notable results improvement in the V 10 magnitude stars BX Mon and TX Cvn, so they don't have a coincidence.

Also it is possible that this achromatic doublet works better than the more short special reducers with sophisticated and designed lenses that
could have negative influence over the blue wavelengths, I suspect.

In conclusion, it's a new step in NOU_T amelioration results, you know, in this simple and affordable echelle.

These are some graphics from TX Cvn last night.

Cheers, J.Guarro
Attachments
BXMON1.png
BXMON1.png (25.78 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
TXCVN2.png
TXCVN2.png (29.5 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
TXCVN3.png
TXCVN3.png (23.3 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
TXCVN4.png
TXCVN4.png (24.44 KiB) Viewed 5025 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Sorry, that is TX Cvn.

J.G.
Attachments
TXCVN1.png
TXCVN1.png (26.7 KiB) Viewed 4976 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello,

The main aim could be to try to achieve graphics with the minus possible noise, I think that is necessary to avoid the noise in our observations, although it will be at the expense of a less resolution.

It's only my opinion that Resolution + noise = noise, and noise = nothing.

Regards, J.Guarro.
Attachments
ZET CRV.png
ZET CRV.png (21.2 KiB) Viewed 4845 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello:

You can see here a coparison of two graphics of the R9 star NQ Gem in its H alpha region.

Cheers, J.Guarro.
Attachments
NQ Gem 20220417.png
NQ Gem 20220417.png (36.43 KiB) Viewed 4702 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello,

You know that it is always a bit difficult to detect red details in a blue star, - in this case OY Hya -, and blue in the red ones, T CrB.

Here you can see two examples about it.

Regards, J. Guarro
Attachments
OY Hya.png
OY Hya.png (27.32 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
TCRB blue.png
TCRB blue.png (25.32 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
Tony Heidemann

Post by Tony Heidemann »

Dear Joan,

congratulations for all the nice results from your NEW NOU T ECHELLE!
One remark: it would be very helpfull, if on the plots you could add the wavelength scale!

thanks in advance

Tony Heidemann

www.astrosurf.com/heidemann
Joan Guarro Flo

Bonjour Tony,

Many thanks for your encouraging words, I really appreciate it, over all because I don't get them very often.

You're all right with that you've suggested and the root of the problem its myself, because I still  don't know how use in adequately way the software for show in attractive and easy way these graphics, also you can see my that I have difficulties to show some graphics without  they don't being superimposed on each other.

You can understand that I need to learn some lessons about that, on the other hand I'm an observer and my first intention is to show everybody how useful and fine Tom Lester's echelle design is. In my opinion that is noticed better in the first graphic that I expose here, and if someone wants to see more details can download these observations from databases or ask me for them.

On the other hand, I would like to understand for the observers who are interested in high resolution that they have the possibility to afford one echelle spectrograph  and how it isn't much difficult to make and work with.

BTW, I think sometimes it is healthy to have some challenges in this world. And the NOU_T would be one of them. You can see it's a good instrument with results that are really appreciated for the professional and amateur analysts. 

Eventually, of course,  everybody is free for choose their own aims.

Amitiés, Joan.

Attachments
PHILEO.png
PHILEO.png (52.02 KiB) Viewed 4510 times