First starlight for my new echelle

Design, construction, tuning of spectroscopes
Information and discussion about softwares (telescope remote, autoguiding, acquisition, spectral processing ...)
Joan Guarro Flo

Re: First starlight for my new echelle

Post by Joan Guarro Flo »

Hello,

The NOU_T echelles that I made have run out, so slowly I'm going to build some more of them.

Cheers, J.Guarro.
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello,
You can see in this graphic the NOU_T echelle potential, and also you can see Tim Lester's design is currently one of the best echelles.

Another big difference is that it is affordable for many observers who want to have an echelle spectrograph.

It is possible to achieve the current results with a CMOS camera like ASI1600MM and also a similar ASI294MM camera, so that point reduces the budget for them.

I want to say that it is not necessary to buy a CMOS like ASI2600MM and buying some one like ASI6200MM would be a waste of your money.

On the other hand, in my opinion, for their features, a CMOS like ASI294MM would be a better camera than the ASI2600MM. Unfortunately it is only an opinion, - see their features -, I haven't tested them yet.

I would like that more of you could observe with an echelle spectrograph.

Best regards, J.Guarro.
Attachments
P CYG.png
P CYG.png (19.79 KiB) Viewed 7490 times
Joan Guarro Flo

Hello everybody,

Mounting a NOU_T echelle for an observer I have been the occasion to test his ASI 294MM camera with initialamazing and really good results, of course with daylight only.

The camera is more sensitive than de ASI 2600MM, overall in the red region, and taking integrations in its originalbinning 1x1, it is possible aplicate the advantages that ISIS offered in its CMOS image reduction, that is essentialon the time to take advantage of this information with a low levels of noise in binning 3x3, - 6.95 x 6.95 microns.

I am really glad, because now we can dispose of an echelle and a camera affordables.

J. Guarro.
Attachments
NOU_T 294B.png
NOU_T 294B.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 4094 times
NOU_T FINISHED.png
NOU_T FINISHED.png (54.02 KiB) Viewed 4094 times