Premiers spectres au LHIRES 2400tr/mm Ha

Call for observations from Cezary Galan (Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland) of the AZ Cas eclipse. The observation period for the campaign come from June 2012 to August 2014.
For more informations about the campaign consult Cezay Galan's webpage: http://www.astri.uni.torun.pl/~cgalan/AZCas/
ARAS contact for the campaign: christian.buil-at-wanadoo.fr
Stephane Ubaud

Premiers spectres au LHIRES 2400tr/mm Ha

Post by Stephane Ubaud »

Bonjour a tous,

La campagne AZ Cas vient de s'ouvrir, j'ai donc essayé de voir dans quelle mesure je peux participer à cette campagne avec mon setup: C11HD (SC 280mm de diamètre f/d 10) LHIRES III 2400tr/mm.
Sur les conseils éclairés de Thierrry Garrel je me suis lancé. AZ Cas est une étoile variable double de magnitude 9,2 ce qui est vraiment limite pour le LHIRES III. Mais sa déclinaison favorable pour nos latitudes en fait une cible de choix, de plus le spectre de la supergéante de type K ou M domine celui de l'étoile centrale (Be) ce qui implique une intensité lumineuse importante dans le rouge et donc dans la région Ha... On est habitué au faible niveau dans le rouge des étoiles Be, ca me paraissait faisable:
Pour le pointage une petite étude des cartes de champ s'impose, la position dans Cassiopée:
Le champ du chercheur électronique (Chercheur de 200mm de focale + Orion Starshoot):
Image du champ, Starshoot 1s de pose:
Une étoile SAO 11931 de magnitude 6 (a ne pas confondre) se trouve à 2' de AZ Cas ce qui permet de la pointer facilement. L'autoguidage sur la fente se fait très facilement avec des poses de 1s...
Et voici les deux spectres obtenus à 3 jours d'intervalle:
En violet le spectre obtenu le 17.07 juillet 2012
2h de poses (12x10') ATIK 314L bining 2x2- LHIRES III 2400tr/mm - C11 HD - SNR ~8
Les deux spectres sont très cohérents et ne montre pour l'instant pas d'évolution de la raie Ha. La raie Ha présente une forte absorption suivi d'un petit pic ce qui montre que l'éclipse a déjà commencée, le profil de raie montre une absorption réémission typique de l'enveloppe de gaz présente autour de la supergéante.

Conclusion: il est relativement facile d'obtenir des spectres exploitables en haute résolution (R ~15000) pour la campagne AZ Cas, malgré une magnitude peu favorable...
A vos spectro :D

Traduction google:
Hello all,

The campaign AZ Cas has just opened, so I tried to see how I can participate in this campaign with my setup: C11HD (SC 280mm diameter f / d 10) LHIRES 2400tr/mm III.
On the advice of Thierrry Garrel I started. AZ Cas is a variable star twin magnitude 9.2 which is really the limit for LHIRES III. But its variation favorable to our climate makes it a prime target, over the spectrum of the supergiant type K or M dominates that of the central star (Be) which implies a high light intensity in the red and therefore in the region Ha ... We are accustomed to low levels in the red of Be stars, it seemed feasible:
For pointing a small study of field maps is required, the position in Cassiopeia:
The field of electronic researcher (Researcher 200mm focal + StarShoot Orion):
Image of the field, laying StarShoot 1s:
A star of magnitude 6 SAO 11931 (not to be confused) is 2 'AZ Cas allowing the point easily. The homing of the slot is a snap with the pose of 1s ...
And here the two spectra obtained at 3 days apart:
Violet spectrum obtained 17.7 July 2012
2h of poses (12x10 ') ATIK 314L 2x2-Bining LHIRES 2400tr/mm III - C11 HD - SNR ~ 8
The two spectra are very consistent and shows for the moment no evolution of the Ha line. The Ha line shows strong absorption followed by a small peak indicating that the eclipse has already begun, the line profile shows a typical absorption reissue of this gas envelope around the supergiant.

Conclusion: it is relatively easy to obtain usable spectra in high resolution (R ~ 15000) for the campaign AZ Cas, despite unfavorable magnitude ...
A spectro your: D